How much protein does 100g chicken breast contain? This is an issue that has received a lot of attention, especially for those who are bodybuilders. Let’s find the answer in the article below.
Chicken is one of the most commonly consumed meats worldwide, especially among fitness enthusiasts. Because this is a great source of protein.
Why is chicken breast high in protein?
Usually, the meat of a chicken will be divided into 2 types: white meat (from the breast, chicken breast) and brown meat (from the wings, legs and thighs). The reason for this difference is that myoglobin is present in the muscles.
Dieters should only pay attention to the white meat from the breast, because the brown meat has more protein than other areas but contains more cholesterol. This is the cause of blood vessel blockage, high blood pressure, diabetes, atherosclerosis, obesity and many other disorders.
Meanwhile, white meat is both high in protein but low in fat, nutritionists always recommend bodybuilders to use this meat for the purpose of gaining muscle and losing fat.
The nutritional value of white meat parts on chicken is the same
Chicken breast contains how much protein, how many calories?
It is the first choice of bodybuilders and those who want to lose weight. With its high protein content and low calorie count, you’ll eat a lot of chicken without worrying about absorbing too many calories.
You can refer to the nutritional value of 100g of chicken breast as:
- 100g raw chicken breast without skin and bones for a total of 120 calories
- With 100g raw chicken breast has a total of 120kcal; water: 74g; fat (fat): 2.62g; starch (carb): 0g; protein (protein): 22.5g
- With 100g of chicken breast cooked and skin removed, the bones will have a total of 165 calories
- With 100g of raw chicken breast will contain a total of 165 kcal; water: 65.26g; fat (fat): 3.57g; starch (carb): 0g; protein (protein): 31.02g
Benefits of chicken breast for gym people
Has a high protein content
The breast will have a high protein content. In every 100 grams of brisket, this food has up to 18g of protein. This substance is essential for bodybuilders to build strong muscles.
At the same time, protein can prevent muscle loss. For healthy people, we will need to eat 1g of protein per day. So consuming chicken breast will help you meet that requirement.
Contains minerals and vitamins
Chicken breast is rich in minerals and B vitamins. These are all nutrients that are very useful in preventing cataracts and various skin disorders, boosting immunity, supporting the functioning of the digestive system, preventing cardiovascular diseases.
Effective weight loss support
Chicken breast is the perfect food if you are looking to lose weight. For those who are on a diet plan, you should include chicken breast in the menu every day to see very high results. Because this food is high in protein, it will help keep the stomach full.
Besides, this is also one of the high-protein foods that any gym person should add every day. Because this food provides abundant niacin acid content. This is a substance that helps the body produce better energy sources.
In 100g of chicken breast, this food has up to 24g of protein and vitamins A, B3, B6, and omega 3… However, bodybuilders should note that they do not eat chicken skin. Because they contain a lot of saturated fat, have the ability to increase cholesterol in the blood, harmful to the heart.
4 weight loss menus suitable for everyone
Lose weight with boiled chicken breast
Ingredient: 100g chicken breast
- Remove bones and chicken skin, wash and drain.
- Add water to the pot to cover the chicken.
- Boil the chicken breast, then remove and drain.
Food is the perfect choice for busy people
Grilled chicken breast
- Remove all the skin and bones from the chicken breast, and use a knife to cut diagonal lines on each piece of chicken, so that when baking, the spices will permeate evenly and the meat will be cooked more.
- Mince garlic, onion and ginger
- Marinate chicken with soy sauce, seasoning powder, with minced garlic, onion and ginger, minced garlic and mix well.
- After about 30 minutes of marinating, place the chicken in a baking tray lined with foil until the chicken is cooked through and golden in color.
- Grilled chicken breast dipped in lemon salt and served with cucumber will be more delicious.
Diet menu is less bland
Chicken breast salad
Prepare materials: 100g chicken breast, 1/2 avocado, 4-5 cherry tomatoes, lettuce, 50g pineapple, sauce.
- Boneless and skinless chicken breast, boiled, cooled, then shredded.
- Avocado, diced pineapple, halved tomatoes.
- Freshly sliced lettuce.
- Mix the above mixture with the sauce and arrange the dish on a plate.
Great food for hot days
Pan fried chicken breast salad
Prepare materials: 2 cucumbers, 1/4 pineapple, 1 large tomato, 200g chicken breast, 1 box of unsweetened yogurt, pure honey, salt, pepper.
- Wash the vegetables and cut them into small pieces.
- Wash chicken, rub with salt, absorb water.
- Marinate chicken with 1 tablespoon honey, 1 pinch salt and pepper for 15 minutes.
- Make the sauce: 1 box of unsweetened yogurt + 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise + salt + pepper. Beat the mixture well to complete the sauce for the dish.
- Sauté chicken until evenly cooked. You can add a little salt and pepper to taste (don’t add too much).
- Arrange the vegetables and chop the chicken, drizzle with sauce and finish the dish
Dishes with many colors from vegetables
Besides a scientific diet, dieters also need to combine exercise every day to improve the effectiveness of weight loss. If you want to receive the right advice for your condition, you cannot ignore the advice of experienced coaches from increaseheightblog.com.
How Many Calories in Chicken? Breast, Thigh, Wing and More https://www.verywellfit.com/how-many-calories-in-chicken-breast-3495665 Accessed: 4/3/2020
How Much Protein in Chicken? Breast, Thigh and More https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/protein-in-chicken#section5 Accessed date: 4/3/2020
Hi everyone, I’m Tony Scotti, an expert in the field of height increase with many years of experience researching and applying height increase methods, and have achieved promising results. I have created increase height blog as a personal blog to share knowledge and experience about what I have learned during the process of improving my own height.