Not only the fruit, the different parts of the plant are also used as food or as medicine to treat a number of health problems.
The following article will provide you with basic information about the intestines, including their nutritional value, health benefits as well as ways to use the intestines for food or treatment. Check it out now!
General information about intestinal cluster
In addition to the common name of the intestine, this fruit is also known by a number of other names such as: sturgeon, bunch of intestines, rhubarb, mak aluminum (Vientian). Scientific name Phyllanthus distichus Meull, Arg. (Phyllanthus acidus Skeels, Cicca disticha L.), is native to the family Phyllanthaceae.
Grapefruit is grown mainly for its small yellow berries. In addition to being grown for fruit, they are also grown for decorative purposes. The tree reaches a height of 2 to 9 m and it is located among shrubs and trees. It blooms and bears peak fruit from January to May in Karabian and year-round in Southeast Asia. Flowers bloom between February-April in Florida. Fruit ripens from 90 to 100 days. The fruit grows in dense, round clusters and has 6 to 8 veins. In the center of each fruit, there are 4 to 6 seeds contained in a stone and they are pale yellow or white, waxy, crispy and juicy and very sour.
Not only the fruit can be eaten, but different parts of the plant are also used as food. Fresh gooseberries have a sour taste, often served with chili salt. Or you can also use them to make jam, candy or used as flavoring for other dishes.
>>> See more: List 15 health benefits of moringa
You can use the whole fruit, leaves and stems
Nutritional value and health benefits of intestines
On average, 100 grams of fruit can provide about 28 calories and many other nutrients:
- Humidity 91.9 g
- Protein 0.155 g
- Fat 0.52 g
- Fiber 0.8 g
- Calcium 5.4 mg
- Phosphorus 17.9 mg
- Iron 3.25 mg
- Carotene 0.019 mg
- Thiamine 0.025 mg
- Riboflavin 0.013 mg
- Niacin 0.292 mg
- Ascorbic Acid 4.6 mg
Beams have many health and beauty benefits, such as:
- Lose weight: Gooseberries contain a lot of water, carbohydrates, saponins, flvonoids, tannins, polyphenols, fats, proteins and fiber. And the content of saponin in the intestines has the effect of removing cholesterol in the intestines to be absorbed into the blood, so it will avoid cholesterol and keep the body slim.
- Healthy skin: The high vitamin C content in this fruit plays an important role in skin health. In particular, those of you who have problems with acne, or dull skin should add this fruit to strengthen the skin’s nutrients.
- Healthy bones: Another benefit that gooseberries provide is bone nourishment. The calcium and iron contained in this fruit can help keep the bones strong and not spongy. Bones will be stronger.
Grapefruit is one of the richest sources of vitamin C for the body
Some remedies about intestinal cluster that few people know about
Not only used to soak jam, the fruit of this tree is also used to cook soup to cool down and improve health. You can also use them as a medicine to cure diseases:
- Pain relief: Use 100g of fresh leaves that have been washed, smashed with pepper and applied to aching places in the back and legs, combined with massage to be effective.
- Treatment of itchy sores, urticaria, skin wounds: Using 100g of dried root bark powdered and mixed with coconut oil to apply on the skin every day, the hives, scabies … will quickly disappear.
- Asthma cure: Use 6 bunches of intestines, 2 red onions, a handful of butterfly peas, and 8 longan berries to be washed and crushed, then add 2 cups of water to remove. When the water dries up to 1/3, then take it out, filter and then add sugar to drink twice a day.
- Cure toothache, sore throat: Using 200g of dried root bark powder, ground into a fine powder with 1 liter of high concentration white wine, soaked for 10 days will bring healing effects.
How to make fruit jam
Grapefruit jam is a delicious and sweet dish that is loved by both children and adults. Moreover, the method is also very simple, you can do it yourself at home.
- 1kg of gooseberries
- 700g granulated sugar
- Fresh guts are washed, drained, then put in the freezer for about 2 days to harden and then take out to defrost naturally.
- After defrosting, bring the soft fruit to squeeze out the sour juice. If you do not want the jam to be sticky, at this point you should squeeze out the water thoroughly.
- Mix the sugar and bunch of intestines together until the sugar is completely dissolved, then put everything in the pan, slurry evenly.
- Over medium heat, cover the lid until the color turns. When the color is beautiful, the water dries up, turn off the stove.
- Bring the jam to dry for 1 session and it can be eaten.
Delicious sweet and sour, this jam is loved by many people
Note when using intestines
Drinking decoction as well as alcohol soaked from the bark of the rhizome can cause poisoning, dizziness, and headaches. More serious can lead to severe abdominal pain, even death. You should be careful!
This fruit contains a lot of oxalic acid, so it is not suitable for people with gout and kidney stones.
Phyllanthus acidus Fruit Benefits for Health and Beauty https://hive.blog/health/@risna01/phyllanthus-acidus-fruit-benefits-for-health-and-beauty-201778t51144641z Accessed January 18, 2021
Otaheite gooseberry https://www.fruitsinfo.com/otaheite-gooseberry.php Accessed January 18, 2021
Hi everyone, I’m Tony Scotti, an expert in the field of height increase with many years of experience researching and applying height increase methods, and have achieved promising results. I have created increase height blog as a personal blog to share knowledge and experience about what I have learned during the process of improving my own height.