Young coconut jam is an interesting dish for the coming Tet and spring. Let increaseheightblog.com refer to how to make simple coconut jam at home right below.
Jam is a traditional dish on Tet holiday of Vietnamese people. There are many dishes of pumpkin jam, lotus jam, sweet potato jam… Delicious and loved by many people, it is impossible not to mention coconut jam. Instead of buying it from outside, you can make this jam yourself for your family with the simple steps below.
Ingredients to be prepared
Young coconut is the best ingredient for coconut jam
First, to be able to make a delicious and sweet coconut jam for your family, you need to prepare:
- Coconuts, must choose coconuts that are not too old, not too young: 2-3
- Rock sugar: 500g g
- Fresh milk without sugar: 250ml
- Vanilla flavor: 1 box
How to make coconut jam
Young coconut jam is usually better than plain coconut because they are more flexible and chewy.
How to make Vietnamese traditional jam
- Grated coconut remove the hard shell, pour the coconut water into the bowl, peel off the silk in the shell, keep the copra.
- Wash the coconut again to clean it.
- Use a scraper to scrape (circle) the coconut along the long strands. You can collect about 1kg of grated coconut to make jam.
- Siamese coconut soaked in cold water for about 7-8 hours, rinsed with cold water to clean, then placed in a basket to drain.
- Put the coconut and sugar in a large bowl, mix well with chopsticks, marinate for 10 to 12 hours until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- After 12 hours, you put the coconut in a large pot or pan (with a thick bottom) and then add the milk. Place the pot/pan on the stove, bring to a boil over low heat, stir once every 15-20 minutes with chopsticks.
- Cook on low heat for about 45 minutes to 1 hour to dry the coconut and coconut milk, when the coconut is dry and there are a lot of tiny dried sugars sticking around the coconut outside, remove the pan from the stove and add the vanilla and shake. At this stage, you will see the coconut slightly ivory, but when exposed to the sun will become milky white.
- Pour coconut into a large basket, spread evenly and leave in an open place for about 1 day, then you put it in a box to preserve.
Great benefits from traditional coconut jam
Coconut jam also brings a lot of high nutritional value
Coconut is truly an exotic fruit with amazing benefits. Because it brings health. From its meat, to its water and oil, it is famous all over the world. The taste of coconut is delicious and rich in vitamins and minerals. That’s why the traditional coconut jam during Tet also brings a lot of nutritional value.
Good for your heart
As we all know, coconut is low in sodium and high in potassium. Therefore, coconut products are a great food for people with high blood pressure. Because coconut does not contain tran fat and is gluten free. Therefore, coconut jam will contain a lot of fiber, which is very good for your heart. Coconut not only improves the cholesterol ratio in your body but also protects your arteries from damage.
Although coconut jams have a certain sweetness, thanks to their high fiber content, they are lower in calories than other snacks. That means using jam will help you feel full faster and not be hungry. In addition, it also increases your metabolic rate, promoting weight loss. They not only prevent obesity but also its related health complications.
Being made from copra, so coconut jam can also increase immunity. Coconut contains loads of healthy nutrients that help protect the body and prevent disease. In addition, it has antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal properties. So you’ll avoid a wide range of infections and support overall immune function.
Coconut jam helps improve the digestive system better
Most of us don’t know that coconut is a good source of good fats (MCTs – medium chain triglycerides). This is one of the substances that are quite beneficial for people with digestive problems. It also improves bowel movements and digestion in addition to helping with nutrient absorption.
Increase your energy level
In case you are feeling tired or stressed, eat a few pieces of coconut jam. It will help increase your energy levels naturally. It is one of the best sources of instant energy. It also helps you to improve your physical endurance as well as athletic performance. At the same time, coconut also helps reduce the symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome in addition to providing more energy.
With simple steps and great benefits, coconut jam will certainly be a snack that should not be missed. However, due to the presence of sugar in the ingredients, you should not eat too much. Because they can affect your weight control process.
How to make coconut jam for Vietnamese TET http://vietnamsurprise.com/2013/01/how-to-make-coconut-jam-for-vietnamese-tet.html Updated date: 12/25/2020
Coconut facts and health benefits https://www.healthbenefitstimes.com/coconut/ Updated date: 12/25/2020
Hi everyone, I’m Tony Scotti, an expert in the field of height increase with many years of experience researching and applying height increase methods, and have achieved promising results. I have created increase height blog as a personal blog to share knowledge and experience about what I have learned during the process of improving my own height.