Eating grapefruit every day to lose weight is an extremely popular method, but have you ever thought about using grapefruit peel? Weight loss with grapefruit peel is strange but brings unexpected effects with many other health benefits! Let’s learn how to use grapefruit peel to lose weight with increaseheightblog.com.
We have a habit of peeling fruit and eating only the flesh inside for most fruits, except plums, grapes, cherries, etc. Same goes for grapefruit. Although grapefruit peel is often reused to get essential oils, few people think about eating grapefruit peel, or losing weight with grapefruit peel.
Here are the effects and how to use grapefruit peel to lose weight that you should know to apply right away!
Weight loss with grapefruit peel and 6 accompanying benefits
According to traditional medicine, grapefruit peel has a bitter, spicy and aromatic taste. The peel of this fruit has a neutral effect, except for leprosy, sputum, edema, etc. Many people often use the white pulp inside the grapefruit peel to prepare dishes, but actually using the whole grapefruit peel or drinking water. Grapefruit peel will help you get many great health benefits.
1. Drinking grapefruit juice is good for the digestive system
The outer shell of Pomelo’s contains many essential oils, so it is often used in cases of indigestion, nausea due to morning sickness.
2. Eating grapefruit peel to lose weight also cures cough with phlegm
To treat cough with phlegm, you can boil grapefruit peel in the following way:
- Use 10g grapefruit peel, wash and finely chop
- Put grapefruit peel in a bowl, add white sugar or rock sugar and steam it
- Drinking distilled grapefruit juice 3 times a day will significantly improve cough
3. Grapefruit peels lose weight by lowering cholesterol
Grapefruit contains a large amount of essential oil, combined with 2.5 – 3.2% of the flavonoid compound nrohesperidin, which has an antioxidant effect, protecting liver cells and healthy blood vessels.
Grapefruit peel is also rich in pectin, soluble fiber that can reduce bad cholesterol LDL, support blood circulation and prevent cardiovascular disease. Eating grapefruit peel is especially good for people with fatty liver.
Grapefruit peel is rich in pectin and many other nutrients that are good for health
4. Prevent kidney stones when drinking grapefruit peel juice
The compound d-limonene present in grapefruit will prevent the formation and contribute to the dissolution of kidney stones. When you drink between 500ml and 1l of grapefruit juice per day, you can lower the pH of your urine, thereby reducing your risk of developing kidney stones.
Note: If you have been treated for kidney problems, consult your doctor before drinking grapefruit juice.
5. Grapefruit peel juice slows down oxidation
Drinking grapefruit juice not only has the effect of losing weight, but thanks to the high content of vitamin A and vitamin C, grapefruit peel has a very strong antioxidant capacity.
Thanks to this advantage, grapefruit will help maintain moisture in your skin, fighting against dryness or other skin problems such as psoriasis, acne and wrinkles.
6. Effectively prevent cancer thanks to grapefruit peel
The antioxidant properties of vitamin C found in grapefruit help reduce the risk of stress associated with many cancers.
Grapefruit also contains naringenin compounds that work against prostate cancer and limonoids that prevent cancers of the mouth, skin, lungs and stomach.
How to lose weight with grapefruit peel safely?
Pay attention to pesticides on grapefruit peel
You may be concerned that eating fruit peels, especially thick ones like grapefruit, can cause your body to absorb many of the pesticides that accumulate during farming.
In fact, according to a recent in-depth study in Consumer Reports, a nonprofit organization that conducts research and investigative reporting for consumers, removing the peel does not significantly change drug levels. pesticides on products.
Research also shows that the nutritional benefits of fruit peels are immense, so washing fruits and vegetables thoroughly before eating is the best way to both recharge and remove dirt and residual chemicals. on food.
If you want to use grapefruit peel to lose weight but still worry about pesticides, choose organic products.
You should prioritize choosing organic grapefruit to use the peel more safely
Processing grapefruit peel to lose weight properly
While grapefruit peels have many great health benefits, they also cause side effects if you process and use them incorrectly.
For some people with digestive diseases, drinking grapefruit juice right before a meal will cause heartburn, damage the intestines and mucous membranes.
If the grapefruit peel is not boiled carefully, the acid will not be fully metabolized, which will cause damage to the stomach lining, especially for people with too high a concentration of acid in the gastric juice.
Therefore, you need to pay attention to the processing method and consult your doctor before use if you have stomach problems.
Control the amount of grapefruit used
It’s not just a natural product that you can use as much as you want. According to experts, drinking too much grapefruit juice when the body has not adapted can backfire, affecting health and body.
Especially many women today always want to squeeze weight quickly by losing fat as quickly as possible, causing nervous system disorders due to sudden weight loss, negatively affecting metabolic reactions and endocrine disorders.
You should use a moderate amount at the start, ensure it is suitable for your physical condition and combine with a scientific diet to have the best weight loss effect with grapefruit peel.
4 ways to cook grapefruit peel to lose weight quickly
1. How to make dry weight loss grapefruit peel
- Peel off the white pulp under the grapefruit peel
- Lightly bake the grapefruit peel in the oven to dry the peel or leave it out for a few days. Beneficial compounds will be increased when the grapefruit peel is heated
- After drying, eat directly or crush the dried grapefruit peel to add to other dishes
2. Drink grapefruit juice to lose weight
- Prepare fresh grapefruit peel and glass jar
- Slice the grapefruit peel, dry it in the sun until the peel is dry
- Boil 3l of water, put the peeled grapefruit in it and cook on low heat for about 10 minutes until you see a pungent smell, then turn off the heat and let it cool.
- Put grapefruit peel juice to lose weight in a glass jar, store it in the refrigerator and use it gradually in 1-2 days
3. Cook drinking water from dried grapefruit peel
- Wash 50g of dried grapefruit peel, bring to a boil with 3l of water
- When the water boils, reduce the heat and cook for another 30 minutes
- Turn off the stove and let the grapefruit juice cool, then put it in a glass jar, store it in the refrigerator to use it gradually
4. Processing grapefruit peel tea for weight loss
There are many easy ways to cook grapefruit tea for weight loss that you can apply
- Grapefruit peel is sliced, soaked in salt water and then washed
- Put the grapefruit peel in the pot, cook for about 10 minutes or until the grapefruit is soft, no longer bitter, then turn off the heat
- Take a little rock sugar in a pan and boil with a little water until the sugar thickens and then let it cool
- Mix grapefruit juice with rock sugar and honey, put it in a glass jar and store it in the refrigerator to use it gradually
- Just take a teaspoon of grapefruit tea each time and mix it with warm water
Don’t forget to process it properly and use the right dose to lose weight with safe but effective grapefruit peel. However, if you want quick and effective weight loss results, you should incorporate regular exercise every day. The increaseheightblog.com application will help connect you with the most professional personal trainers who will help you quickly achieve results on your weight loss journey. Download the increaseheightblog.com app to schedule a workout with professional coaches, check in at more than 100 clubs/gyms, or join thousands of classes with just one touch. Try and experience the wonderful thing that increaseheightblog.com brings to you.
Why you should eat the skin of your grapefruit https://coach.nine.com.au/diet/eat-grapefruit-peel-nutrition-benefits Accessed: 30/11/2020
Hi everyone, I’m Tony Scotti, an expert in the field of height increase with many years of experience researching and applying height increase methods, and have achieved promising results. I have created increase height blog as a personal blog to share knowledge and experience about what I have learned during the process of improving my own height.