MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) is a chemical found in plants, animals, and humans. Use MSM by mouth and on the skin to treat chronic pain, arthritis, osteoporosis, tendonitis, scleroderma…
Also, MSM – a popular dietary supplement used to treat a wide range of ailments like eye inflammation, headaches, migraines, intestinal and urethral parasitic infections… Let’s increaseheightblog .com learn about this chemical.
General information about MSM
MSM is also known by the following common names: Crystalline DMSO, Dimethylsulfone, Dimethylsulfone, Dimethyl Sulfone MSM, DMSO2, Methyl Sulfone, Methyl Sulfonyl Methane, Methyl Sulphonyl Methane, Methyle Sulfonyle Methane, Methyle Sulphonyle Methane, Methylonesulfonylmethane, MSMtilméilmentano, MSM , Sulfone de Methyle, Sulfonyl Sulfur.
MSM became famous thanks to a book called “The Miracle of MSM: A Natural Solution to Pain.” But there is little published scientific research to support its use. Some MSM brochures say that MSM can treat sulfur deficiency.
How does MSM affect the body?
MSM can provide sulfur to make other chemicals in the body. The effectiveness ratings for (MSM) are as follows:
Can be effective
- Research shows that taking MSM by mouth two to three times daily, alone or along with glucosamine, can reduce pain and improve function in people with osteoarthritis.
- Several studies have looked at the use of MSM with other ingredients. Taking the MSM product (Lignisul, Laborest Italia SpA) along with boswellic acid (Triterpenol, Laborest Italia SpA) daily for 60 days – may reduce the need for anti-inflammatory drugs but not pain.
- Taking MSM, boswellic acid, and vitamin C (Artrosulfur C, Laborest Italia SpA) for 60 days – can relieve pain. Effects appear to persist for up to 4 months after stopping treatment.
- Taking MSM, glucosamine, and chondroitin for 12 weeks may also reduce pain in people with osteoarthritis.
- Additionally, early research shows that taking a combination product containing MSM (AR7 Joint Complex, Robinson Pharma) by mouth for 12 weeks improves pain and tenderness scores in people with inflammation. Osteoarthritis.
May not work
Research shows that taking MSM daily for 28 days does not improve exercise performance. In addition, applying a cream containing MSM before intense stretching does not seem to improve flexibility or endurance.
Poor circulation can cause swollen legs (chronic venous insufficiency or CVI)
Research shows that applying MSM and EDTA to the skin can reduce swelling in the calves, ankles, and feet in people with chronic venous insufficiency. But applying MSM alone actually increases swelling.
The health benefits of MSM
MSM is needed to support many different functions in the body. It is important to support proper cell structure and reverse the damage of free radicals to cells. At the same time, MSM also supports the immune system and the body’s ability to repair connective tissues.
Methylsulfonylmethane contains sulfur, which is the third element in the body. Your nails, skin, and hair all contain sulfur, and your body uses it to produce protein and collagen.
MSM is best known for its effectiveness in reducing the symptoms of osteoarthritis. Many studies have supported the use of MSM to reduce pain and inflammation associated with osteoarthritis, especially knee problems.
Two studies looked at the positive effects of MSM on knee inflammation. In one study, participants took 1,125 grams, three times, a day for 12 weeks. Results showed that the treatment group had improvements in both pain and joint function.
Another group of researchers gave the group 3 grams of treatment, twice a day, for 12 weeks. Compared with subjects receiving placebo, the treatment group experienced significant pain relief and improved physical function.
It has been shown to benefit people with osteoarthritis, a common cause of knee, back, hand, and hip pain.
Osteoarthritis can negatively impact your quality of life by limiting your range of motion and mobility.
Studies have shown that MSM significantly reduces inflammation in your body. It also inhibits the breakdown of cartilage, a flexible tissue that protects the ends of your bones at joints.
One study in 100 people over the age of 50 found that treatment with a supplement containing 1,200 mg of MSM for 12 weeks reduced joint pain, stiffness, and swelling compared with a placebo.
The group that received the supplement also reported an improved overall quality of life and less difficulty walking and getting out of bed.
Another study in 32 people with low back pain found that a glucosamine supplement containing MSM significantly reduced stiffness and low back pain during exercise, while also improving quality of life.
Reduce allergy symptoms
Seasonal allergies are increasingly common, and millions of people rely on antihistamines to control their symptoms. Researchers have determined that MSM can help alleviate common symptoms of seasonal allergic rhinitis (SAR), such as sneezing, nasal congestion, sinus pressure, and coughing.
In one study, participants took 2,600 milligrams of MSM daily for 30 days, and researchers took measurements during and after treatment. They concluded that MSM helped relieve upper and lower respiratory symptoms, and those in the study reported increased energy levels throughout the study. If you have seasonal allergies, MSM can provide some relief.
Keep your skin young
Taking good care of your skin is important, from paying attention to moisture and moisturizing to applying sunscreen regularly to prevent skin damage. Many lotions contain MSM, which promises that the compound will reduce the appearance of wrinkles when applied topically.
Researchers determined whether taking MSM supplements by mouth produced similar anti-aging results.
Participants took 3 grams of MSM daily for 16 weeks. Image analysis showed that the treatment group significantly improved the appearance of crow’s feet and overall facial wrinkles.
Accelerate exercise recovery
If you exercise regularly, you may experience muscle aches and pains as a result of your workouts. Athletes, and especially runners, often have to interrupt their training regimen because of muscle and joint pain that requires rest or treatment.
Researchers determined that MSM can help athletes recover faster from hard training sessions.
Long-distance runners who regularly suffer from oxidative stress and muscle damage drank 3 grams per day, for 21 days before the half-marathon.
Those in the study reported lower levels of joint and muscle pain after completing the race than the control group.
If you are an athlete or exercise regularly, MSM can help support healing after intense training and performance sessions.
Pain relief from knee osteoarthritis
August 24, 2005 – A small study found that a sulfur supplement called MSM provided “modest” pain relief from osteoarthritis of the knee.
Methylsulfonylmethane – is a popular supplement for which several health claims are made. However, rigorous scientific studies on this substance are few and far between.
A pilot study was presented at this week’s meeting of the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians in Phoenix.
Lead researcher Leslie Axelrod, ND, of the Southwest College of Natural Medicine in Tempe, Ariz — prescribed MSM to patients with arthritis.
“MSM is a viable option for the treatment of arthritis and is valuable if used in combination with diet, exercise, and other things that benefit arthritis patients. Our study shows that it significantly reduces pain and increases physical function in patients with arthritis.”
Axelrod’s group enrolled 50 men and women, ages 40 to 76, with mild to moderate knee osteoarthritis. Half of the patients took 6 grams per day for 12 weeks. Another 25 patients received identical placebo. The results show that:
- 21 patients in the MSM group and 19 patients in the placebo group completed the study.
- Patients taking MSM reported a 12% reduction in pain and 14% reduction in knee function compared to those taking a placebo.
- Improvements in knee stiffness and overall symptoms were in favor of the MSM group but were not significant.
Helps hair grow well
MSM is known to be a sulfur-rich compound with anti-inflammatory properties. In addition, there are some inconclusive studies on its effectiveness with hair growth and retention.
According to research, sulfur can form the necessary bonds to strengthen hair and influence hair growth. One study examined the effects of this substance and magnesium ascorbyl phosphate (MAP) on hair growth and the treatment of hair loss. The test was performed on mice. This study concluded that hair growth depends on the amount of this substance applied along with MAP.
MSM side effects
- When taken by mouth: Possibly safe for most people when taken by mouth for up to 3 months. In some people, MSM can cause nausea, diarrhea, bloating, fatigue, headache, insomnia, itching, or make allergy symptoms worse.
- When applied to the skin: It is probably safe for most people when applied to the skin in combination with other ingredients, such as silymarin or hyaluronic acid and tea tree oil, for up to 20 days.
Objects to avoid using MSM
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding: There isn’t enough reliable information to know if this supplement is safe to use while pregnant or breastfeeding. So it’s best to stay safe and avoid using it while pregnant and breastfeeding.
- People with varicose veins and other circulation problems (chronic venous insufficiency): Applying lotion containing this substance to the lower extremities may increase swelling and pain in people with varicose veins and problems. other circulation.
- You are taking any other medicines.
- You are allergic to any substance of MSM or other drugs or herbs.
- You have any other illness, disorder or condition.
- You have any other allergies, to foods, dyes, preservatives, or animals.
You need to weigh the benefits of using this substance against the possible risks before taking it. Consult your doctor before using this medicine.
Dosage of MSM
MSM is a Generally Recognized As Safe (GRAS) substance and supplements are available at most health stores and pharmacies in pill form. The “toxicity” study found MSM to be safe when taken in higher doses, ranging from 500 milligrams to 3 grams per day. MSM is also available in powder form that can be added to hair conditioners.
However, because this supplement is still being studied for its effects, the US Food and Drug Administration does not give a recommended dose of MSM.
Used to drink
- For exercise-induced muscle damage: 50 mg/kg MSM in 200 ml of water, taken once daily for 10 days.
- For chronic arthritis: 1.5-6g MSM per day, 3 times a day in divided doses for up to 12 weeks. 5g MSM plus 7.2mg boswellic acid daily for 60 days has been used.
- Capsules combine collagen type II with MSM, cetyl myristoleate, lipase, vitamin C, turmeric, and bromelain (combination AR7, Robinson Pharma, orange, CA), taken daily for 12 weeks. 1.5g MSM and 1.5g glucosamine three times daily for 2 weeks.
Apply to skin
- For hemorrhoids: you use a special gel containing hyaluronic acid, tea tree oil and MSM (Proctoial, BSD Pharma, Italy) for 14 days.
- The dose of MSM may be different for different patients. The dosage is based on your age, medical condition, and several other concerns. MSM may not be secure. Talk to your doctor to find the right dose.
Foods that contain natural MSM
Very small amounts of MSM can be found in:
- The coffee
- Fresh milk
- Green leaves
Cooking these foods can reduce the natural presence of MSM. Eating these foods unprocessed or raw is the best way to consume optimal amounts of this natural compound. MSM supplements can also be taken in combination with MSM found naturally in foods. But the amounts in these foods are a fraction of the amount compared to supplements.
The last article has shared with you useful information about MSM. To maintain health and healthy body shape, in addition to supplementing with adequate nutrients for your body, you should build a scientific exercise and sports regimen.
In addition, you can also track the calculation of your body parameters and the amount of calories you burn through increaseheightblog.com’s BMR calculator.
Hi everyone, I’m Tony Scotti, an expert in the field of height increase with many years of experience researching and applying height increase methods, and have achieved promising results. I have created increase height blog as a personal blog to share knowledge and experience about what I have learned during the process of improving my own height.