To be able to gain weight safely, nutrition is the most important point you must pay attention to. Weight gain menu for men is extremely necessary for men to develop their weight. You need to choose the right and enough weight gain foods to be able to achieve your weight goals.
This article will give you mainly nutrition so that you can make the necessary food choices. In addition, you can also refer to the simple but delicious weight gain menu for men, making your weight gain process much simpler.
Gain weight easily with a 3,000-calorie supplement menu
Daily calorie needs range from 1,600 to 2,000 calories for women and 2,000 to 3,000 calories for men. Calorie intake can vary higher or lower for sedentary and physically active people.
This menu is based on the average height and weight of adult men and women. Based on reference in women 163cm and 57.3kg tall and in men 178cm tall and 70kg weight.
Calorie intake can change higher or lower depending on the individual’s condition
Depending on your weight, height, and activity level, you can add 3,000 calories or more per day to your desired weight.
What foods should men eat to gain weight?
Foods that contain a lot of energy are always effective weight gain foods for men.
- Full cream milk: 750 – 1,000ml
- Red meat, fish, eggs and other clean protein sources like beans: 3-5 meals
- Breads and cereals: 5-8 meals (can be split up for snacks)
- Fruits and vegetables: 3-5 meals
- Fat: about 90g
- Healthy snacks: 1-2 meals
Focus on energy-rich foods
To be able to follow the 3,000 calorie supplement diet, you need to adhere to and supplement the necessary food sources.
- 45 – 65% of calories come from carbs
- 20-30% of calories come from fat
- 10-35% of calories come from protein
Food volume to add 3,000 calories:
- Calorie needed: 3,000
- Starch: 338 – 488g
- Fat: 67 – 117g
- Protein: 75 – 263g
Sample menu to help you gain weight simply
- Morning: 1 cup (80g) of oats with 1 cup of whole milk (240ml) or soy milk. 1 banana, 2 tablespoons peanut butter.
- Snack 1: dry cereal (80g) and 1 jar of yogurt, dried fruit (34g) and some seeds
- Lunch: spaghetti (100g) with tomato sauce (183g), minced beef (112g), a small piece of bread and a tablespoon of butter (14g).
- Snack 2: 1 cup cottage cheese (226g) and half a cup (70g) blueberries.
- Dinner: Salmon (110g), brown rice (100g) and asparagus.
Nutritional diet for men
- Breakfast: smoothie made with (480ml) plant milk, (227g) yogurt, (140g) blueberries and two tablespoons (33g) almond butter.
- Snack 1: 1 bar of toasted oats, 1 fruit of any kind, and 2 pieces of cheese.
- Lunch: a burger sandwich, with cheese, poorly eaten veggies, (85g) carrots, (28g) mashed beans and a few apple slices.
- Snack 2: 1 scoop of protein powder combined with (240ml) whole milk or plant milk.
- Dinner: (113g) sirloin steak, 1 medium baked potato (173g) with 1 tablespoon butter, and (85g) broccoli.
- Breakfast: 3 slices waffles with 2 tablespoons (33g) peanut butter, one orange and (480ml) whole milk.
- Snack 1: 1 bar of toasted oats, and (28g) almonds.
- Lunch: Beef burger (170g) made with whole grains, a slice of tomato and lettuce, french fries with olive oil (86g).
- Snack 2: (227g) Greek skim yogurt, (140g) strawberries.
- Dinner: Chicken breast (112g), (84g) whole grain, (85g) peas.
- Breakfast: 3 fried eggs with onion, 1 bell pepper, (28g) cottage cheese and 1 cup (480ml) milk.
- Snack 1: 2 tablespoons (33g) peanut butter and a banana with 1 slice of wholemeal bread.
- Lunch: (226g) tilapia fillet, (32g) lentils and salad with (30g) walnuts.
- Snack 2: 2 boiled eggs with mixed salad.
- Dinner: (114g) bell pepper with (114g) fried chicken breast with onion, garlic, shredded cheese. Add cumin, bay leaf or paprika for a tastier dish.
- Breakfast: 3 boiled eggs, 1 apple, (80g) oatmeal combined with (240ml) whole milk.
- Snack 1: (226g) yogurt with (30g) granola, and (70g) raspberries.
- Lunch: (168g) chicken breast, 1 medium potato, (85g) green beans, (28g) chestnuts. Snack 2: (130g) green beans mixed with green vegetables.
- Dinner: 2 cups rice with brown rice, combined with (170g) minced beef steak, (35g) lettuce, and two tablespoons salsa.
This is a basic menu that helps you to add 3000 calories per day suitable for weight gain, rapid muscle gain for men. However, to improve the effectiveness of fat loss, you should consult with experienced trainers or nutritionists for the best results.
Some notes when men want to gain weight
- Eat 6 meals a day: Your menu for the day should include 3 main meals and 3 snacks to constantly replenish energy and keep your muscles in a state of nutrients. Leaving an empty stomach is one of the taboos if you want to gain weight.
- Always drink enough water: Metabolism cannot run smoothly without water. So, if you want to make sure you get the most out of what you put in, drinking plenty of water is a must.
- Get enough sleep and avoid the use of drugs: Get enough sleep to make the body feel comfortable, thereby working and exercising more effectively. Stimulants can inhibit some of the beneficial hormones in the process of weight gain and nutrient absorption, so you need to limit them as well.
To maintain health and healthy body shape, in addition to supplementing with adequate nutrients for your body, you should build a scientific exercise and sports regimen. Download the increaseheightblog.com app to schedule a workout with professional coaches, check in at more than 100 clubs/gyms, or join thousands of classes with just one touch. Try and experience the wonderful thing that increaseheightblog.com brings to you.
A 3,000-Calorie Diet: Benefits, Weight Gain, and Meal Plan https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/3000-calorie-meal-plan#target-groups Accessed March 11, 2020
Weight gain eating plan https://www.health24.com/Diet-and-nutrition/Healthy-diets/Weight-gain-eating-plan-20120721 Accessed March 11, 2020
Hi everyone, I’m Tony Scotti, an expert in the field of height increase with many years of experience researching and applying height increase methods, and have achieved promising results. I have created increase height blog as a personal blog to share knowledge and experience about what I have learned during the process of improving my own height.